Key Message Updates
A Key Messages Update is published monthly and includes items from the Board, Museum Advisory Council (MAC), and the administration. These topics include the highlights and successes of the month, as well as the Board’s perspective on matters of importance. Key Messages for the month are presented under each of the four Strategic Plan Goals. Subscribe to our Key Messages.
Key Messages of the Month-August 2021
Posted by Sabrina on September 7, 2021
A Key Messages Update will be published monthly and include items from each of the committees and the administration. These topics include the highlights and successes of the month, as well as the Board’s perspective on matters of importance. Key Messages for the month are presented by each of the four Strategic Plan Goals.
Communication & Strategic Planning
- Town Hall: The Strategic Planning Town Hall is scheduled for September 22 at 4:30pm. This Town Hall will present the plans for achieving the next Strategic Plan and will be an opportunity for the community to provide feedback and make recommendations for additions to this plan. The event is planned as a face-to-face and will either be on the L.E. Shore lawn or in The Gallery at L.E. Shore with physical distancing, depending on registration numbers and community situations at the time. This will be a registration event via Community Consultation webpage for planned seating and contact tracing. [C4.3]
- Community Conversations: Mary, the Roving Librarian, is visiting community locations across TBM. Mailbox parties are planned for our rural communities. Watch social media and our Community Consultation webpage for dates and locations. Prizes and gift certificates will be provided to a number of participants at each location. These have been purchased by BMPL to support our local business.
- Micro-Survey Launch: A number of micro-surveys have been designed and released in print for those picking up materials and online on our Community Consultation webpage. These surveys are assisting the Staff to plan for the 2022 budget as well as informing the Strategic Planning process. [OC2.2; C4.3]
- TBM-BMPL Funding Agreement: Following the Council presentation on June 1 and the BMPL Board Meeting of June 17, the CEO and Director of Finance and IT, with support by the Director of Legal Services developed a draft Funding Agreement. The final draft of this document is returned to Council on Tuesday, September 7 and was approved. Edits between the two versions were primarily explanations and definitions. This agreement is a three year commitment and includes 6% tax levy as an annual budget for BMPL. [OC2.2]
- Staffing Model: Following the June 3rd Board meeting where the proposal for the preferred staffing model was presented, the position of A/ Manager of Community Engagement was created for the remainder of 2021. This position manages communication for BMPL and is directly responsible for the Strategic Plan. Mary Dodge, and internal candidate, was elevated to this position. Mary has been with BMPL since 2019 and has been in management positions in at BMPL, Vancouver and Markham public libraries.
Service Excellence & Administration
- New Hours: The CHD and LES facilities have returned to a more comprehensive schedule following Labour Day. This schedule has each building open 6 days a week, with service across the Town daily. These hours are contingent on the pandemic and are subject to change with notice to our public.
Vibrant Spaces & Capital Campaigns
- L.E. Shore, The Gallery and Craigleith Heritage Depot Museum open for visits: both of the LES and CHD facilities are open for visits. Physical distancing is still required. [VS1; SE3]