Key Message Updates
A Key Messages Update is published monthly and includes items from the Board, Museum Advisory Council (MAC), and the administration. These topics include the highlights and successes of the month, as well as the Board’s perspective on matters of importance. Key Messages for the month are presented under each of the four Strategic Plan Goals. Subscribe to our Key Messages.
Key Messages of the Month-January 2021
Posted by Sabrina on January 21, 2021
Vibrant Spaces & Capital Campaigns
- Building Renovations: Many thanks to the TBM maintenance team who have once again taken the opportunity of the lockdown of facilities to paint and conduct repairs on our facilities.
Organizational Capacity, By-Laws & Governance
- Action Plan 2021: The 2021 Action Plan has been uploaded to the Board policies page. Monthly updates can be found in the Board package. The 2021 Action Plan includes 83 action items, of which 7 have been completed.
- CEO Performance Appraisal: The Board completed the performance appraisal of the CEO for the 2020 year and commended the CEO for her agility in offering services virtually in response to COVID-19 and the excellent relationships she has developed, as demonstrated by the responses received from external partners surveyed for this evaluation.
Communication & Strategic Planning
- Live Streaming: The Board agreed to continue that the pilot program has been successful with 119 views on Facebook of the November 2020 Board Meeting. Meetings will continue to be live streamed and added to YouTube following the meeting throughout the pandemic period where the Board is meeting by Zoom. Community members are encouraged to watch live on Facebook or later on either Facebook or YouTube. Again, anyone wishing to present a deputations or make public input on the agenda may receive the zoom link from the CEO up to the day prior to the meeting.
Service Excellence & Administration
- Provincial Lockdown: During the Lockdown, both BMPL branches are open to serve the community through contactless curbside pick-up. We are also available through our Virtual Branch and Virtual Museum. We encourage you to visit our Service Updates & COVID-19 regularly as this is our main way for updating our community on how our staff continue to pivot and provide services throughout the pandemic.
- Launch of the 2021 Reel History Films: The Craigleith Heritage Depot presents our next two new REEL History Films on Saturday February 13 at 7 pm. These films are made and produced right here in The Blue Mountains in partnership with local film company, Mountain Goat Films. Watch our trailers of our amazing natural history features: Fossils and Niagara Escarpment. Space is limited for the virtual Launch so Register Today!