Key Message Updates
A Key Messages Update is published monthly and includes items from the Board, Museum Advisory Council (MAC), and the administration. These topics include the highlights and successes of the month, as well as the Board’s perspective on matters of importance. Key Messages for the month are presented under each of the four Strategic Plan Goals. Subscribe to our Key Messages.
Key Messages of the Month-April 2019
Posted by Sabrina on April 29, 2019
A Key Messages Update is published monthly and include items from the Board, Museum Advisory Council (MAC), and the administration. These topics include the highlights and successes of the month, as well as the Board’s perspective on matters of importance. Key Messages for the month are presented under each of the four Strategic Plan Goals.
- The Board and CEO had the first meeting with Shawn Everett, TBM CAO. We discussed the process to move the L.E. Shore expansion forward over the short term and participating in the discussions of community hubs. This was a first step in achieving the directions of Council included in the 2019 draft budget.
- Based on the Strategic Plan 2018 - 2022, the Board is developing an Action Plan to move each goal forward over 2019. The Board has scheduled a planning day on May 23 to review proposed action items from the committees and finalize the Action Plan for the year. Training needs will also be identified to ensure that we have the skills and knowledge necessary to implement the plans. While basic orientation on legislation has been completed, this May meeting will focus on achieving a GLAM (gallery, library, archive, museum) service model for the Town.
- The Museum Advisory Council (MAC) has elected Robert B. Waind as the 2019 Chair.
- The Arts & Culture Council (AAC) has elected Beverley Smith as the 2019 Chair.
- The Board will be reviewing, reauthorizing, and revising all By-Laws, Health & Safety, and Accessibility policies at the May meeting.
- The new BMPL website will be launched on May 1st. This will better promote the services of the GLAM and have a stronger accessibility function.
- The primary communication of opportunities, programs and services are through the e-newsletter subscription, and website updates. Community members should subscribe to the BMPL E-newsletter and TBM E-blast for regular updates.
- The Key Message Update will be released monthly after the board meeting as a highlight of activities and successes. This, coupled with the e-newsletter, are the primary means of communication by the organization.
- BMPL will be working closely with our neighbours and with the Southern Ontario Library Service (SOLS) as we determine how the significant provincial cuts to SOLS will impact local library services.
- At this time, BMPL will not be able to provide Inter Library Loan service, nor will we be able to support book clubs request for sets of books as this service was cut as a result of the 2019-20 Provincial Budget decisions. In order for BMPL to not incur fees on ILLO returns, all books must be returned to BMPL by Wednesday, April 24th.
- Pathway & Mary Ward Reel History Film Premiere is May 4th beginning at 6:00pm. Tickets for this fundraising event are available at LES and CHD. This is a major fundraiser for the next round of films in this series.