In 2019 the Library Board and CEO will be participating in community consultation as we continue to work toward building increased services and the modernization and expansion of our facilities.
When these meetings and events are planned, notice will be included on this site and found within our e-newsletter. If you have not yet subscribed to our e-newsletter, this is the primary method of communication between the BMPL and the community. Subscribe Now!
Please consider taking our User Survey #6: Inter-Library Loans Ontario (ILLO) on how to fund the program.
The Library staff is busy implementing the recommendations received in:
- User Survey #1: Website
- User Survey #3: Programming
- User Survey #4: Adult Collections | Children's Collections | Teen Collection
Thank you for your ongoing feedback!
- The Board held a Community Consultation on June 14, 2018. This event was a great success with over 135 participants who provided many comments and recommendations for how to improve, build capacity, expand, as well as what features should not be changed. We thank everyone for participating and invite any additional comments via our User Survey #6 at the bottom of the page.
- On September 13, 2018 the draft Strategic Plan goals and objectives were presented to the community. The feedback gathered informed changed to the Strategic Plan which was then approved by the Board at a later Board Meeting.
- On November 29, 2018 in a Special Board Meeting, the draft Feasibility Study and Space Plan was presented. Twenty-five+ people were present for this session and provided feedback which was then used in the finalization of the Plan.
- Many interviews and focus groups also occurred in 2018 to further inform the Strategic Plan 2018-2022.
- Over the summer 2018, the CEO and staff conducting surveys.
See Also Building Program Consultation