Do-It-Yourself Interlibrary Loan
DIY Interlibrary Loan (also called Patron-Initiated Interlibrary Loan) is available through INFOntario, the provincial interlibrary loan system.
Click here for the full 18-page comprehensive manual. See below for general instructions.
Requesting an Interlibrary Loan
Once you’re sure that The Blue Mountains Public Library does not have the item you’re looking for, you can request it through our Interlibrary Loan service. To determine whether we already own the title, please search our online catalog.
Library users must first possess a valid library card and have an Interlibrary Loan patron record created in the INFO system by our staff. Register online.
- Go to http://info.vdxhost.com/
- Click on English or French.
- Select "Sign In" and enter your user ID.
- Enter your password (this will be assigned to you by our Interlibrary Loan Department and can be changed later).
- Choose "Blue Mountains Public Library " as your library location from the Authentication Service drop down menu.
- Click Submit.
Search for the item you want to request
- Select "Standard" or "Advanced" Search.
- Note the "Current Profile" drop down menu. You will use these search profiles to do your searching.
- “SOLS Bruce/Wellington/Peel (shared)” as your initial search under the "Current Profile drop down menu."
- Enter keywords from the title, and/or author.
- Select Blue Mountains Public Library link at the top of the "Search Results" screen to have Blue Mountains display first in the results. This will confirm that the item you want is not locally held at our library before proceeding with a request to another library.
- Select "Details" to verify this is the item you want. Please ensure that you choose a record with an ISBN number listed in the record. This is how the system sends the requests to another library. Without an ISBN it will get caught up and have to be handled manually.
- Select "Get it!" to place the request. Item details are automatically entered in the Interlibrary Loan form.
- Click Submit to send your request.
- There is no need to print the request as you can view the status of your requests at any time using the "My Requests" link.
- Sign out when you are finished.
No matches from the first profile?
If you are unable to find any results searching the “SOLS Bruce/Wellington/Peel (shared)” profile, then you can select a different profile. The next profile you should try is “SOLS York/Muskoka (shared)”. Still no results? Contact our Interlibrary Loan Dept in person, by telephone at 519-599-3681 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We will notify you when the item has arrived. You will receive an email notification (if you have provided us with this information) or a phone call if it is a local phone number.
Canceling or renewing a request
You cannot cancel or renew a request online. Please contact us at 519-599-3681 or email email@example.com.