Kobo Vox or Kobo Arc
Download Library by OverDrive allows you to download EPUB ebooks to your device using the OverDrive Media Console app. Do not connect your device to your computer. You will download the OMC app and download books using your wifi connection on the Vox.
Step 1: Establish an Adobe ID
Before you can use the app, you'll need to create an Adobe ID. You can do this for free at www.adobe.com/membership. Remember the ID and password you create.
Step 2: Start the Kobo Vox and connect to a wireless network.
Touch the Home icon. Touch "All Apps". Touch "Settings". Touch "Wireless & Networks". Next to Wi-Fi, touch the checkbox to turn on wifi. Next to Wi-Fi Settings, choose an available network. Touch the Home icon to return to the home screen.
Step 3: Download the OverDrive Media Console App
Touch the browser icon to open the browser and navigate to www.overdrive.com. Touch the link to "Mobile Apps" at the bottom right of the screen. OverDrive will recognize that you have an Android device; an icon reading "Android App on Google Play" will appear. Click on this icon. You will see a page directing you to the OverDrive Media Console App page. In the upper right hand corner is a blue "Install" icon – touch this icon. Then touch the "Accept and Download" icon that appears on the page. The app will download and install itself. You will then see 2 icons: "Open" or "Uninstall". Choose "Open". The app will display an opening page with an option to "Show at Startup". Uncheck "Show at Startup" and touch "Close".
Step 4: Browse the Catalogue
On an ARC: With the OverDrive Media Console app open, touch the "Get Books" icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. This icon is a book symbol with a plus sign next to it. On the next screen, touch the plus sign next to "Add Library" at the top right-hand side of the screen. The next screen will display a search box. Type "blue" in the search box, then touch the orange "Search" button. Touch "Blue Mountains Public Library" from the results list. On the "Details" screen, touch "Ontario Library Service Download Centre". You will be taken to the mobile Ontario Library Service Download Centre site.
On a VOX: with the OverDrive Media Console app open, touch the menu icon on your device (the 4 horizontal lines). A submenu will appear. Touch "Get Books". Touch "Add a Library". In the search box, type "blue" and then touch the orange search button. Touch Blue Mountains Public Library from the search results. Touch "Ontario ". You will be taken to the mobile Ontario Library Service Download Centre site.
Step 5: Log in to Download Library
Touch the "Sign In" link in the upper right-hand corner of the app. Select Blue Mountains Public Library from the drop-down menu. Enter your 14-digit library card number (no spaces) and your PIN (the last 4 digits of your phone number), and touch "Sign In". Check the box next to "Remember my login information on this device" to have the app remember your library card number for future logins. If you ask the app to remember your login information, a Confirmation window will appear asking if you want the browser to remember your password. Touch "Remember" to have the app store your login information.
Step 6: Browse, Borrow, Download
In Download Library by OverDrive, here are some ways you can search:
- Touch the Search Icon on the app and enter title, author or keywords in the search box.
- Browse by Format.
- Touch the Search Icon, then touch Advanced Search. Select Subject, Format, etc to do a targeted search.
- At the bottom of the Advanced Search screen, touch "My Library's Collection" to see all results for the fields you searched. To see just what is available right now, touch "Only titles with copies available". Then touch "Search" to see your results.
- Books that are available to borrow will have a black book icon in the upper right-hand corner of the book jacket. Books that are currently signed out will have a greyed-out book icon in the upper right-hand corner of the book jacket.
- When you have found a title you want to check out, click on the book jacket. Then, touch the "Borrow" icon. The book will automatically be signed out to you. To change your lending period, click on the "Change" link underneath the "Borrow" button. You can choose 7 or 14 days as the lending period for EPUB ebooks.
- You may now download the borrowed EPUB ebook to your device. Go to your Account by clicking on the Account Icon in the OMC app.
- On the left-hand side of your Account screen is the Bookshelf, where you will see all the titles you have signed out. Next to each title is a Download button. Click on "Download" to download the EPUB ebook into the OverDrive Media Console app. Once the book has downloaded, you have to touch the Bookshelf icon to go to your OverDrive bookshelf. All your downloads will be displayed there. Touch the book title to begin reading.
- You can return your ebooks on your Android device by tapping the plus sign to the right of each of the books in the book listing within the OverDrive app, and choosing Return/Delete. This deletes the book from your device, and removes the book from your account and frees it up for another library user.
- You have a checkout limit of 10 items.
- If you need assistance, please call the Library at 519-599-3681 or email Elisa at email@example.com