iPad Air tablets are now available for 1-week loan at the Library. Ask at the front desk or place a hold.
The iPads are loaded with a variety of apps. If you have an Apple ID of your own, you are able to add apps. Any data, documents, or apps saved to the iPad during the loan period will be permanently erased during the restore process. We welcome suggestions for new apps.
- Only current library patrons in good standing may borrow an iPad. Current is defined as having a library card for a minimum of 30 days. Good standing is defined as a library card account having fines and fees of less than $10.
- The patron must be 18 years of age or older to check out an iPad.
- Library staff may ask for photo ID. The ID can be a Driver’s License, Ontario Health Card (with photo), Military ID, Student ID and/or Passport photo which contain the patron’s name and an identifiable photo.
- Only one iPad per household may be checked out at any given time.
- iPad loan periods are for up to 7 calendar days and are not renewable.
- Overdue fees will be charged for iPads not returned by their due date in the amount of $5 per day to a maximum fine is $35.
- iPads must be returned to library staff at the Front Desk. The patron must remain at the Front Desk until all equipment has been checked to make sure that all pieces are accounted for, checked in and cleared from the member’s card.
- iPads may not be placed in a book return bin. A fee of $25.00, in addition to any other accumulated fees or fines, will be charged for this type of return.
- An overdue notice will be sent when an iPad is 2 days past its due date; another overdue notice sent 5 days past an iPad’s due date and a BILL STATEMENT will be sent 7 days past the due date.
- Replacement costs for damaged or lost components are listed below. An additional processing fee of $25.00 will also be charged in components need to be replaced.
- iPad Air $590
- OtterBox Case $115
- Power adaptor $25
- Power cord $25
- Carrying Case $5
- The iPad Borrowing Agreement must be completed with each checkout, acknowledging financial responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged equipment.
- Once an iPad is checked out onto a member’s library record, it becomes the sole responsibility of that member per the Borrower’s Agreement.
- The library reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who abuses equipment or is repeatedly late in returning an iPad or its accessories.
- Borrowers may add content and apps, with the understanding that all data will be wiped and replaced with the standard preloaded files and apps when the iPad is returned. Added apps must be purchased with the borrower’s own funds, using their own iTunes account and are not the responsibility of the Library.