Craigleith Heritage Depot Museum Assistant
Permanent, Part-Time (hours/week will fluctuate)
Located within the progressive, four-season community of The Blue Mountains, The Blue Mountains Public Library is an information hub for residents and visitors alike, providing learning opportunities in a variety of mediums. We strive to continuously offer new, progressive materials and services to meet our users’ ever-changing needs.
- Reporting directly to the Museum Curator and mainly based out of the Craigleith Heritage Depot, this position will provide support services to the Curator in the areas of Exhibit Development, Collection Management and Museum Programming. Duties include cataloguing, photographing and storage of artifacts; data entry; marketing, assisting with research, exhibit development, preparation and mounting; preventative conservation, community outreach and programs using the collection and other related resources.
- They will also be cross-trained to provide support at the Public Library. This position will provide direct service to Museum and Library patrons and program delivery as required consistent with the policies, practices and procedures of the Library.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Community College Diploma in Museum Studies.
- Minimum of one year experience in museum collections and exhibits.
- Experience in public library work or any equivalent combination of experience and training is desirable.
- Valid “G” driver’s license.
Information for Interested Candidates:
A detailed job description and instructions on how to apply are available on the Town’s municipal website.
The submission deadline for applications is 4:30 PM on Friday, March 31, 2017.
Hourly Rate: $18.38 - $22.57 (2017 Rate)
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Personal information provided by the applicants is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.